Weekly Reflection #2

How did you do on the work?
I think I did pretty well on the work this week. The play dough lab really helped me visualize what was going on with transcription and translation. I was having trouble grasping what exactly was happening during those processes, but now it is much better. Vodcast 4.3 has a lot of new terminology, so it will definitely take me a little bit of time to get all of the new terms locked in my head. I probably will need to make flash cards with all of the new terms in order to really learn them.
What do you think you understand well?
I think I understand the genetic engineering aspect of this vodcast and the different methods used to genetically engineered organisms. I also think I have a better understanding of transcription and translation after this week’s activities which is good because that is what I was struggling with last week.
Where do you think you could improve?
I think I could improve my understanding of the first part of vodcast 4.3. In this vodcast, we focused on biotechnology and tools, so it is a lot of vocab and processes that I need to spend a little bit longer reviewing.
What strategies will you use to improve?
I think I could improve by completing certain sections of a vodcast in one sitting. During the first part of vodcast 4.3, I did part of it one day and then waited almost a week to do the rest of that part. It made it difficult to remember exactly what I had been working on.
How does the work we are doing fit into the context/ narrative of the course?
The work we are doing in this unit is super important in the future of biology. It is going to completely change how we combat diseases.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Reflection for Week of February 27- March 03

Gene Loss= Genetic Change??