Weekly Reflection for Week of March 5 through March 10

How did you do on your work?
This week I felt pretty confident on everything we worked on in class. A lot of my time at home was spent working on typing up the PCR lab, and I felt pretty good with that lab by the time I turned it in. It was fun reviewing the stages of mitosis and looking at the different slides. The mini lab that we ran refreshed my memory on what each stage looked like and how the stages were different from each other. The packets were not too bad this week and my group was able to finish them in class.
What do you think you understand well?
I think I understand how each of the stages differ from each other and what they are responsible for. In addition to the stages, I also feel pretty solid with the checkpoints of mitosis which was cleared up by the click and learn. I wish I would have drawn the phases of mitosis when I was taking notes on the prezi, because it would have made the mini lab much easier.
Where do you think you can improve?
I think I can improve my understanding on the difference between diploid and haploid and how the number of chromosomes changes throughout the cell cycle. Those were the only vodcast questions that really tripped me up, so reviewing those would probably be beneficial to me.
What strategies will you use to improve?
Lately, I have just been taking my notes off of the prezi because it is easier and I can go faster, but I end up missing the explanation behind some key pieces of information. I think it would help me to take my notes off of the prezi and then watch the vodcast while going over my notes and marking where I have any questions. I also think it will help me to watch some Khan Academy videos on chromosome numbers at different stages of the cell cycle.
How does the work we are doing fit into the context/narrative of the course?

This work has introduced us to cancer and how cancer starts in an organism. This week also brought back the basics of mitosis that many of us probably had forgotten as well as DNA replication and what happens when the mutations occur in replication.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Misconceptions!!!

CRISPR