Heart Week!!!!

How did you do on the work?
I really, really enjoyed looking at the hearts this week. It was cool to look at the demo heart and see how everything connected and how big the lungs were compared to the heart and how tiny the esophagus was. Looking at a real heart was a million and a half times better than looking at a picture of a heart or a heart replica. We also took the test this week and I think it went okay. I was expecting a lot more meiosis and heredity, but I still think I did alright. 
What do you think you understand well?
I think I understand how blood moves into and out of the heart. It really helped being able to see the chambers, veins, and arteries. While I was studying for the test I had a really firm grasp on the beginning of the unit (meiosis and heredity) and not as strong of a grasp on 4.11-4.12. I watched a bunch of videos to help me understand 4.12, but it still is not nearly as strong as my understanding of 4.7-4.10. 
Where do you think you could improve?
I think I could improve my understanding of regulating gene expression as well as my understanding of human genetic conditions.
What strategies will you use to improve?
I need to see some real life situations with both of the things that I have a limited understanding of. I can tell you facts about them, but I am having a difficult time applying them to real world situations. I will watch more supplementary videos that will hopefully improve my understanding. 
How does the work we are doing fit into the context/narrative of the course?
The deer heart dissection was obviously a glimpse into the circulatory system and the test was focused on vodcasts 4.7-4.12 so meiosis through regulating gene expression. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Misconceptions!!!

CRISPR