Weekly Electronic Journal Entry #4

How did you do on the work?
I did well on the work this week. Nothing was overly challenging for me and I really enjoyed the work we did with genetics. I had a lot of fun with it. We spent the majority of our time this week working on the virtual fly lab which was pretty fun (except the fly noises). 
What do you think you understand well?
I think I understand the chi-square tests really well in addition to the monohybrid crosses. The x-linked crosses confused me a little bit at first, but now I do not have a problem with them.
Where do you think you could improve?
I think I could improve my overall understanding of how the inheritance patterns worked and the background information on each of them.
What strategies will you use to improve?
I can improve my overall understanding by rereading my notes and watching some Khan Academy videos that explain the overreaching concepts.
How does the work we are doing fit into the context/narrative of the course?
Inheritance patterns are crucial in biology and the way genes are passed down can explain a lot about a family and an individual. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CRISPR

Gene Loss= Genetic Change??